Govt. of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Home Affairs/GrihMantralaya
New Delhi-110001, 30th October, 2014
Subject: Reconstitution of Standing Committee on Police Training in BPR&D -regarding.
With reference to BPR&D’s UO No. 53/4/2012-Trg-(PP)/BPR&D dated 26thAugust, 2013, approval of the competent authority is hereby conveyed to the reconstitution of the Standing Committee on Police Training in the Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D) with immediate effect for a period of three years. The Committee will advise the Bureau on matters relating to Police Training. The rules of Business for the Standing Committee are annexed.
The composition of the Standing Committee will be as follows:
Union Home Secretary
Director General, BPR&D
Members (Officials) :
Joint Secretary (Police), MHA
Joint Secretary (Trg), DOP&T
F.A. (Home), MHA
DG CISF/BSF/CRPF (by rotation)
Director SVP NPA Hyderabad
Director, NEPA, Shillong
Members (Non-Officials) :
Shri K. Koshy, IPS (Retd)
Dean, Law Faculty, DU
DG, ASCI, Hyderabad
Director, IIM, Ahmedabad
Director, NCERT, New Delhi
Any lady Serving IPS Officer
Member Secretary :
IG/Director (Trg) BPR&D
Dy. Secretary (Police)
Tel. No. : 011-2309-3256
1. Home Secretaries of all State Government/UT Administrators
2. All DsGP of States/UTs
3. DG, BPR&D, New Delhi
4. All Members concerned
5. All Heads of Central Police Organisations
6. Sr. PPS to Union Home Secretary
Rules of Business of the
Standing Committee on Police Training
Following are of the rules of the business of the Standing Committee on Police Training in the Bureau of Police Research and Development:
1. Advise the Bureau of Police Research and Development in identifying the problems and needs of police training; assist in preparing feasibility studies, including formulation of methodology and time schedule; and advise on the award of contracts (including part-contract) to individuals or institutions for production of educative material, appointment of consultants and development and evaluation of audio-visual aids/techniques;
2. Assist the Bureau in maintaining/liaison with various Social Sciences, Management Professional,education, scientific academic industrial and other organisations and institutions (both public and private) and experts in various fields/and advise on the production of educative literature, films, etc. for the purposes of Police Training; and
3. Keep a continuous watch on the progress of various schemes and projects, for the improvement of Police Training, through small adhoc groups, where necessary.
The Standing Committee will meet as often as necessary to ensure its effective functioning.
The members of the Committee will hold office for a period of three years in first instance.
The members of the Standing Committee will be entitled to TA/DA in respect of journeys undertaken for the Standing Committee’s work in the same manner as members of the Standing Committee on Police Research in the Bureau of Police Research and Development.
The Director General, BPR&D mayco-opt experts in various fields to the Standing Committee as necessary from time to time.
Last Updated On: 30/08/2018